Monday, February 21, 2011

Facebook Fan Page Changes Coming


If you logged into your Facebook fan page today you may have come across the message prompting you to switch to the new plan that will be rolled out on March 1st. The new Facebook fan pages look a lot like your latest own page. I'll let you seem at some of the developments for yourself, but I wanted to point out two that are the most attractive to me.


When you are logged into your page you are given the option to "switch" and pilot Facebook as your fan page. Yes, you can post and make comments on OTHER pages as YOUR personal page. This bright option is truly beautiful and one that power go a long way to assist you create your page's number of "likes." When you are logged in as your page there are even notifications of new "likes" and remarks on your facebook fan pages, just like on your own page.  The other craze about the new plan that I like is that you are able to select the featured pages you liked below your page in the sidebar. You're allowed to select your favorites to be highlighted into sidebar. This gives you a great place to support the pages of friends, brands you like or work with you or pages you just discover interesting.

To see the differences you can observe my MrBrownThumb Facebook page here
 which I've switched to the new layout and the Garden Bloggers Facebook page which I will keep as the old layout until March 1st so you can see the differences between the two.

UPDATE: I've been testing the quality to comment as my fan page on other fan pages and it works! You should add them to your page's favorites in order to be able to see them in the news feed. When you are at a page you like below the avatar is a link that read's 'add to my pages favorites' click on that and add it to your pages favorites to be able to communicate with it.

Update 2: Ruh-roh. I think I presently discovered a downside to this. A entire new batch of email notifications when people like or reply to your postings as you page.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent post I must say.. Simple but yet entertaining and engaging.. Keep up the awesome work!
    custom facebook fan page

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree.Facebook fanpages really help alot in promoting your business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! Just one suggestion:If you add some pics, it would be easiler to follow!
    website designing company

    ReplyDelete