Tuesday, December 28, 2010

How to make a Custom Facebook Fan Page

It has inadvertently become Facebook week. I did not plan this and originally was only going to use the placement I wrote on Monday about not integrating Twitter and Facebook. Except then a question in the comments inspired me to write the tutorial for deleting and editing Facebook applications. So, now I will round it off with information on Facebook fan pages.
I recently created a Facebook fan page for this website and my company. Earlier to this I was sending business information through my personal Facebook page. While I still do this with my blog posts, my private page contains too much goofiness, like links to new Monkey Island videos, to be consider professional. The fan page contains some of articles, reviews of my work and links of interest about Word Press and freelancing.
I learned relatively a bit about Facebook while making the fan page and discovered some applications that are really useful. At the base left of fan or business pages are a link that says ‘Create a Page for My Business’. Clicking on this will catch your started. You attractive much just need to name the page and say that you have the right to create it.
Facebook then creates a non-payment page with the Wall and tabs for the other basic applications such as Info, Boxes, Events and Notes. The Wall, Info, and Boxes tabs cannot be removed. It used to be potential to rename certain tabs like Boxes but apparently this stopped working with the last Facebook update. This will become more important a small later in the article.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful blog and very useful information.
    Facebook has millions of regular users and searching for the page you have made, will take moments.
    mohit

    ReplyDelete
  2. When a business creates a Facebook fan page, they can put their company logo as well as all inventories directly onto the page.
    custom facebook fan page

    ReplyDelete